- Excessive absence/tardiness
- Inconsistent or deteriorating quality of work
- Increased tardiness or absences
- Disorganized work and/or presentation of ideas
- Repeated requests for extensions
- Written or verbal expression of morbid, dark, or violent thoughts
- Disproportionate anxiety about coursework and/or in response to grades
- Exhibits high levels of emotionality, tearfulness, crying
- Excessively demanding or dependent behavior
- Nonsensical, incoherent speech
- Expression of suicidal thoughts
- Angry outbursts, intimidating or aggressive behavior. Impulsivity.
- Expressions of worthlessness, hopelessness, despair
- Unusually animated or withdrawn
- Unpredictable and/or rapid shifts in mood. Inability to regulate mood/behavior.
- Increasing dependence on you (by making excessive appointments, hanging around your office or after class) or others
- Deteriorating or poor hygiene, disheveled appearance, soiled clothes
- Comes to class smelling of alcohol or appearing high
- Noticeably slowed or rapid speech
- Appears consistently fatigued and/or falling asleep in class
- Significant weight gain or loss
- Appears confused, disoriented, or out of touch with reality.